Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Color to watch this season: Burgundy

There is always one color every fashion season that stands out to me, and this fall it's burgundy. I am seeing it more and more in stores and throughout my fashion research. It is such a rich color and makes a bold statement without being too overbearing. I personally feel that it is best paired with black, navy, brown, or charcoal grey. These colors help to enhance the color burgundy and are great fall neutrals.

For this look I decided to wear a burgundy lace top Tildon over a bralette Tildon, and high waisted skirt Leith. I paired some statement earrings (Forever 21), strappy wedges (Nordstrom), a cuff (Forever 21), and black clutch (Nordstrom BP) to complete the look. Another trend that I demonstrated here is the brallet and high waisted skirt combo. I don't personally like to be too exposed, so I chose to wear the see through lace top over the bralette to give the look a little more coverage. However, I still feel that this look is sexy without trying too hard. Pulling your hair up just like I did here will also give this look a complete silhouette and polished appeal.

How will you wear burgundy? I know that I will probably be posting more of this color in the future. Remember, fall is just around the corner! The easiest way to transition, is by adjusting the colors you wear in your wardrobe. Happy Styling!


















No comments:

Post a Comment