Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Trend Fixation - BRALETTES

Forget bandos its all about the bralette.

Most recently I have found myself intrigued by this bralette trend. By definition bralettes are: typically associated with an unlined wireless bra that pulls over the head.. It is more of a leisure bra as it provides little support. The bralette bra style is best suited for small busted women or for some support while sleeping (http://www.myfinelingerie.com/bra-styles.html).

Bralettes are a great piece to add to your wardrobe because they are fun, feminine and flirty. They can be found in a variety of colors and styles... my favorites have been floral or stripe patterns. I love to wear them with sheer tops, chambray shirts, high waisted skirts or shorts, and backless tops. However the options for this trend are endless.

Here are a few ways to wear the bralette and few from my own wardrobe...

{bralette with lace skirt and cardigan is a great way to work this trend in a feminine way}
found on pintrest via thistimetomorrow-krystal.blogspot.com

{the fashion forward approach - bralette with fake collar}
found on pintrest via tumblr.com

{this is more of the runway or editorial look for a bralette}
found on pintrest via cocokelley.blogspot.com

{another runway bralette look that can be easily transitioned into everyday by adding a jacket of chambray shirt}
found on pintrest via 20somethinginthecity.tumblr.com

{straight from the Proenza Schouler runway}
found on pintrest via lacouture.hr

{love this bralette look and I would easily wear this to lunch with a friend or day date}
found on pintrest via unknown pintrest user

{my way of wearing the bralette }
 cream eyelet bralette and necklace (Nordstrom), chambray shirt (H&M), bag (The Sak), polka dot maxi skirt and sunglasses (Forever21)

{a few of my bralettes from my wardrobe}
all from Nordstrom
{Diane Kruger in a bralette and denim skirt}
found on pintrest via thebudgetbabe.com

{pattern mixing with a bralette and skirt}
found on pintrest via becauseimaddicted.net

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you did it better.. You know Some girls are going to try this and really shouldn't :p you are the cutest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, most of my pictures are the high fashion, straight from the runway pictures. But if translated into everyday waredrobe with a jacket or cute top over, it can be really cute. Thanks for checking my blog out big : ) Love you!

      Delete