Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Black and White Stripes

One of the most common patterns are stripes. They can easily be worn but aren't always flattering if not styled correctly. It's no secret that horizontal stripes can make you look wider. So pay attention to how thick the stripe pattern is, because smaller stripes are usually best. I am a huge fan of stripes so I am always looking for fun ways to wear them differently, while also making sure they compliment my figure.

For my look I wore a stripe dress by MINKPINK. I love that this dress shows a waist and also has some fun cut outs. I added a studded belt to give the dress a little more shape and to help accentuate the waist. My casual version of this look includes combat boots and a panama hat. Further into the post I show the dress with cap toe pumps, retro sunglasses, blazer, statement earrings, and a gold chain cuff. I also added a pop of color with hot pink (MAC Candy Yum Yum) lipstick.

One of my favorite things about a cute dress like this, is that it doesn't take much to change the look for different occasions. For example, adding a blazer to this look gives it a little more sophistication and easily transitions it to work wear. Wear a leather jacket and this is perfect for a night out. It is all in the shoe selection and outerwear piece that determines what the look is; nighttime, daytime, or wear to work. Try finding a dress from your own wardrobe that can transition easily for different occasions. Happy Styling!


 













No comments:

Post a Comment