Thursday, August 8, 2013

Styling out of someone else's closet: Feeling a little Bohemian Floral

Every so often my best friend, Lauren and I will randomly collaborate together on photo shoots, just for fun. A few months ago we did just that, and came up with this awesome bohemian floral lifestyle shoot. I styled the full look from her closet and she shot all the photos. If we weren't so busy, we would probably do this all the time. We are a pretty good team if you ask me!

It's always fun to peruse through other people's wardrobes. When I went through Lauren's closet I found the perfect pieces to create a whimsical bohemian look with a slight edge. I started with this soft blue lace dress from Urban Outfitters then added a cut off vest from Nordstrom, ankle booties by Dolce Vita, and complete the look with different Forever 21 accessories. I also decided to make a floral headpiece to give the look a little more color and add a whimsy feel to the shoot. Here are a few of my favorite shots from our little photo adventure.


Find the full shoot and all her other work on her website at http://laurenscotti.com. Try something similar with your own wardrobe. Or just make your own floral crown to add to your own looks. Happy styling!

1 comment: