Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Few of my Favorite Things...

Happy Leap Day!

This day is very exciting for me because it would have been my birthday twenty four years ago. However, I made the executive decision, before I was born, to wait an extra day. And for that, my birthday falls on March 1st instead.


Because today is a day that I look back and reminisce, I thought I might share a few of my favorite things that I am loving right now. But I can tell you right now that rain drops on roses and whiskers on kittens are not in this list.

I hope you enjoy!


{my favorite magazine and book I am currently enjoying}

 Doesn't Adele look amazing on this cover of Vogue?!? Not only do I love her music but she just so happened to be on the cover of my favorite magazine.
 
 
And this book A Million Little Pieces is a great read and has some controversy behind it. Even more of a reason to read it!
 
 
{coral colored lipstick by M.A.C. called Ravashing}

A bright lipstick is always a fun way to dress up a simple outfit and is also a must if you want to make a statement or be noticed. Some other great shades by M.A.C. that I love are Shy Girl (Nude) and Ladybug (Red).
 
 
{my favorite cookies to make snickerdoodles}

As someone who doesn't like to cook I absolutely love to make these cookies. It might be because everyone that has one ends up eating 3 more and hums mmm...everytime they take a bite.
 
 
This is also a great alternative for birthdays if someone doesn't like cake. To make them a little more exciting, you can roll the cookies in sugar sprinkles mixed into cinnamon/sugar before they cook to make them colorful. A few candles won't hurt either. Just saying!
 
 
{just a close up of the yummy goodness i made}


 
{A birthday gift for myself... my new iPhone cover}

Remember how I told you I love polka dots... Well I wasn't lying was I? I can't get enough of this color lately and since I am FINALLY switching over to the iPhone 4s tomorrow I thought this would be the perfect present to myself.

I bought mine at Nordstrom but found this picture on Bloomingdale's website.

{my favorite statement necklace right now - from Nordstrom}

Statement necklaces are another great way to make a simple outfit stand out. This is one I just recently purchased from Nordstrom and it is a go-to of mine.

{loving the cat-eye sunglasses - from Nordstrom}

I couldn't resist the popular retro trend circulating right now and that is cat-eye shades. These Ray-Bans seemed like the perfect choice for me.
{my favorite interchangeable outfit - outfit from Forever 21, shoes and belt from Nordstrom}

You have to love an outfit that can transition from a casual day, to work, to a night out. This outfit is perfect for all three! If you want the casual look, you should wear it as shown. If you want the work outfit wear it with a black blazer, black heels, and depending on how strict your dress code is, you can wear tights too. Lastly, for a night out wear this with sassy heels and a leather jacket.
 
 
See how many outfits you can interchange from casual, to work, to a night out. You might be surprised how easy it is with a few accessory changes. Also, did I mention that this outfit can be worn with all the accessories I have included in this post? Maybe not all together, but it can definitely be done.
 
 
I think that I just might wear this tomorrow... to celebrate my birthday in style!

I hope you enjoyed a few of my favorite things. I might continue this type of post; but of course I will change it up, just a little bit, to keep you interested.



Until my next post,
Stylishly Purple

No comments:

Post a Comment