Sunday, January 15, 2012

Polka Dots - trend fixation

Recently I have found myself fixated on the polka dot trend. This trend is not only easy for just about anyone to pull off but also very eye catching. I also love that polka dots are very easily transitioned from daytime, wear-to-work, and a night out on the town.

My favorite ways to style polka dots are...
  • pairing them with bright colored denim
  • mixing with stripes
  • combining them with different size dot patterns
  • adding edgy accessories
  • mixing with neutrals
  • combining them with florals or leopard prints
  • and the list goes on
I probably own about 15 different polka dot items. For my next post I will have to put together some pictures of all the different ways I have styled my own polka dot wardrobe. But in the meantime here are some of my favorite styling photos that I found to best represent this trend.

mixing with neutrals (witanddelight.tumblr.com)

Polka Dot pants speak for themselves (collagevintage.com)

Dots on DOTS (atlantic-pacific.blogspot.com)

Mixing with leopard and neutrals (decorartsnow.tumblr.com)

Dots with neutrals (photo from user on pintrest)

Paired with bright pants (kendieveryday.blogspot.com)

Hosiery Dots (thecherryblossomgirl.com)

Casual Dots (i983.photobucket.com)

Dots on Dots paired with neutrals (atlantic-pacific.blogspot.com)

If you ever need any styling ideas for this trend or a second opinion on your outfit contact me through this blog and I would be happy to help.

Happy polka dot styling!

These photos are not my own. Each photo has a link from which I got them. If you would like to check out those sites please do so.

2 comments:

  1. I really like polka dots, are stunning :)!
    great pics!

    I really like your blog, I follow you :D
    ... maybe if you have time, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
    Kisses!
    http://modacapitalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gaby for you lovely compliments! I will definitely check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete