Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lady in Red


Happy New Year Everyone!

With a new year comes new beginnings and as a stylist I wanted to start a blog and share with everyone my love for fashion. I thought the perfect way to do just that was show you some photos that my lovely and talented friend, Lauren Gillmore shot. To see more of her amazing work check out www.lacreativestudio.com.

Together, Lauren and I came up with the idea of doing a fashion shoot at Peltzer Pines Christmas Tree Farm. I styled the look I am wearing and Lauren took the concept and turned it into these beautiful photos.


To see my style inspiration scroll to the end of this post. I hope you all enjoy the combining of forces, between Lauren and I, and check back for more fashion, style, and inspiration.
















My favorite type of styling involves mixing feminine dresses with edgy accessories. In these photos I paired my high school winter formal dress (BCBG) with a leather jacket (Kaitlyn) and combat boots (BP from Nordstrom). I also added a studded bracelet and earrings (Forever 21), and a feathered necklace borrowed from Lauren's closet to pull the look all together. And who says red lipstick (MAC) can't compliment a red dress? ...Not me! I have lived and styled by the rule that all fashion rules are made to be broken.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Congrats on the new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog... love the photos of you... love your photographer... and love you daughter!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie(Mom)!!! I am glad you like it : )

      Delete