Monday, March 10, 2014

A little of this, a little of that...

Pattern mixing doesn't always have to be so obvious. Here I paired a sheer white flowered lace with polka dot pants (Target). The reason this works for this look is the lace is not as bold of a print and matches with the white polka dots on the pants. Try to keep the your color story within 3 colors when mixing prints. I added the black pieces and bright lip to help make the look POP.

I've also been asked to show how I would style a sheer shirt over a bralette. I found this new Savvy top from (Nordstrom) and thought it would be the perfect opportunity to blog my sheer flowered lace. When wearing a sheer lace top you can go one of  two ways... go bold or keep it simple. Here I went bold by adding a dark bralette underneath my lace rather than a white or nude. How will you pattern mix or wear your sheer lace tops? Whatever you do, just have fun with it!

Happy Styling!




















 


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment