Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Boston Through My Eyes

I spent the last week visiting family and traveling with my good friend Jamie, on the east coast in Hudson, Massachusetts. While I was there, I went into Boston, Concord, Lexington, and Sudbury to see all the historical sites. I also found myself in Newport, Rhode Island to see the famous mansions. I had so much fun catching up with family and getting a refresher course in United States history.

From walking through the battle of Lexington, re-living the lives of the rich in their Newport, RI mansions, and apple picking at Honeypot Orchards, I had a blast! The city of Boston has lots to offer and even after all the history I find myself wanting more. Here are lots photos of my adventure this past week. I hope you enjoy seeing Boston, and part of the east coast through my eyes!

{bag packed and ready to begin the Boston adventure}

{watching the sun rise while flying over New York}

{the minute man at the concord bridge}

{just hanging out with a minute man and a red coat}

{the concord bridge where the "shot heard around the world" started the revolutionary war}

{the Little Red School house where the story of Mary had a Little Lamb was based on}

{the minute man at the Lexington battlefield}

{memorial for all the minute men that lost their lives}

{the Hancock - Clark house where John Hancock, Sam Adams, and Paul Revere visited}

{Inside the Hancock - Clark house}




{Louisa May Alcott's House}

{the Vanderbilt mansion "The Breakers"}

{the garden side of The Breakers}

{Chateau-sur-Mer}

{The Elms}

{the front of The Elms}

{the topiary garden}




{Ostrich and Donkey riding through the topiary garden}

{the view from the back of the topiary garden}

{George Elephante's matching topiary}

{Clam Chowdah!}

{George and Dolly Llama enjoying some "clam chowdah"}



{the Make Way for Ducklings statue}

{the Boston public garden}



{historic homes along Beacon Hill}


{Boston Harbor}


{the Constitution War Ship}

{the balcony where the declaration of independence was first read to the city}


{amazing cannolis here!}


{Paul Revere statue}



{Paul Revere's House}

{North End of Boston}



{gorgeous authentic North End Boston}


{Boston at night}

{subway moment}





The Old historic Wayside Inn Mill}

{Inside the mill}


{perfect end to a fun trip}

No comments:

Post a Comment